- Schools currently use their own ISP’s for email.
- 99,9 % of all communication sent to schools are done via email
- Email is not a managed service hence WCED does not know if emails are received
- Cable theft is a reality at many schools and this means email communication is none existent.
- The Western Cape will be once again be the forerunners of School ICT Technology within the country
- Look and feel of email accounts is standard across the province,
- Solution is web-based (Outlook Web Access), users can access their emails anywhere, anytime and any place, and via a mobile device, providing they have an internet connection
- Compliance to the Departmental strategy in Email Management.
- Efficiency, Reliability and Integrity of all information
- Improved confidence in information due to reliability and availability
- Controlled access and security from the Department will ensure that unauthorised use is restricted, and an audit trail is always maintained
- Adherence to the WCG acceptable email -use policy
- The solution is cloud based – Faster and easier to roll out the
- Email Solution to all schools
- It is a web-enabled solution – Only a PC or mobile device that has a enabled internet connection is needed to access the Email Solution
- Schools has a modern and latest user interface of the Email Solution. The interface will also be unique to WCED Schools
- The WCED Schools will be a dedicated tenant on the cloud – easier to manage and maintain as the accounts will be ring-fenced
- The Email Solution is Enterprise-grade, Safe, Reliable & Secure
- Technical Build
- Change Management and Communication
- Maintenance and Support
Soft Go Live: Users have received their log-in credentials at the sessions as they were trained, and could access their emails immediately.
Full Go-Live is the due date where all users will have received their log-in credentials and will be live on the email system
Outlook Web App is Microsoft Exchange Server 2010's Web-based email client. Formerly known as Outlook Web Access in previous iterations of Exchange Server, Outlook Web App gives users an experience similar to Microsoft Outlook without requiring the presence of the full mail client.
You can access your Outlook Web App by selecting the following link https://mail.westerncape.gov.za/owa